About CIS - Collision Investigation Services
Servicing all Australian States Qld NSW VIC SA WA TAS
Patrick (Pat) McDonald - Principal Investigator
Collision Investigation Services or CIS is a car crash investigation company based on the Gold Coast QLD and
covering all states and territories in Australia.
Principal Patrick (Pat) McDonald has been involved in investigating motor vehicle and workplace
accidents since 2000. These have ranged from soft tissue injury to fatalities.
CIS offers an independent analysis of collisions involving motor cars, motor cycles and pedestrians as well as the thorough independent investigation of workplace accidents.
CIS's primary clients are insurance companies and law firms. They are provided with professional opinions, detailed reports and quality evidence in a timely manner.
CIS investigations are independent, thorough and focused while remaining conscious of the sensitivity and need for discretion during investigations.
Experience and Qualifications
Pat McDonald is well qualified in scientific and investigative techniques and applies industry best practice in all motor vehicle crash investigations.
Pat McDonald has been directly involved in the investigation of serious injury and fatal motor vehicle collisions since 2000.
Pat is currently the QLD director of ASPACI (Australia & South Pacific Association of Collision Investigators) which is the crash investigation industry's professional association.
Relevant qualifications achieved or currently studying.
- Diploma of Applied Science UWS 1994
- Bachelor of Science (Physical Science) USQ 2013
- Masters of Accident Investigation CQU (currently studying)
Pat has completed courses covering topics such as:
- Speed estimates from skid to stop collisions
- Momentum based intersection type collisions
- Rear end and head on type collisions and speed estimations from yaw marks
- Vehicle’s becoming airborne and Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) analysis
- Other areas include dynamics of pedestrian collisions and determination of speeds from pedestrian impacts
- Vehicle condition and inspection
- Globe and filament analysis
- Tyre mark identification
- Determination of drag factors for vehicles and roadway
- Total Survey Station as well as crash investigation photography
- See IPTM for further information regarding some of the courses above
For accident reconstruction he uses IMS 360 and has experience with Studio Max and Cadzone software for production of either 2D or 3D representations of a collision.
For further information or a more detailed CV please contact CIS on 0405 149 064 or email